Since we have so many birdfeeders, there
are countless birds in our backyard. Every once
in a while, a bird will bump into the window!
Usually, they will fly off right away, but some
are just too exhausted. So, like with this goldfinch,
I pick them up so Jasper won't get to them first!
The birds are so soft!
So cute!
We put the goldfinch into this box so he wouldn't feel
too scared of us until he flew away. It was such a
cool day (for me to hold a bird, probably not a
good day for the poor thing)!
I named the bird, too: Pacific, which means 'calm'.
A few days later, a Pine Siskin smacked the window.
I held him for a while outside until he flew away with
his buddies. I didn't get any pictures of him.
Let's hope that Jasper doesn't figure out I've
been doing this. :)
What you don't give them to Jasper to play with, he would have fun. Okay, maybe the bird would not like Jasper as much as you.
ReplyDeleteG&GB